Sunday, May 16, 2010

Making a come back?

So, I am posting my annual post! :) Ridiculous I know! So I am going to try and make an attempt to blog again. I know I have been a huge slacker. Here are some reasons:
1- I am pretty lazy. Blogging takes time. Whenever I get on here, I get distracted looking at everyone else's cute blogs (and their creativeness as well) and then by the time I think about working on my own, have no energy left.

and B (little inside joke in case Kim reads this) - I'm on the computer all day at work. Usually when I get home I just check my email and that is about it.

3- We don't take pictures. We are kind of bad about doing that. Why? Good question. I will get back to you if I find an answer. Plus, we don't do much. Cam is pretty busy with school, and I am just boring.

Well, sounds like some legitimate reasons right? Okay! I know! I guess I have no excuse. So, I will try and catch you up on the last 6 or so months.

November and December:

Both had birthdays. One year older and wiser too? :) Cam turned the big 2-8 and I turned the big 2-6. Crazy huh! On Cam's birthday I made some sugar cookies (our favorite treat) and bought some little candies so I could spell out happy birthday. Well, Cam loves those candies and so he ate half of the words before I could put them on the cookies. So, I just put his name on them!






We had Thanksgiving over at a cousin's home. They live here in Oregon. It was so nice of them to invite us! They are so much fun!

Went home for Christmas! Missed our flights which would take a whole additional post to explain! It was pretty traumatic at that moment but luckily our prayers were answered and we found an extremely kind lady who helped us get a flight the next morning. We had a lot of fun! We have the best families! Pictures: Cam's cute niece on her new toy at his house and chilling at my family's house in the other.



Jan - now:

Went to the coast and took a little hike. We didn't go very far, but the view was awesome! The Oregon coast is amazing!




Easter! I made Cam decorate eggs. It was really nice to have conference over Easter. How much I need that uplift that conference brings! It truly blesses my life!



Went to a Blazers game! It was so fun! We had awesome seats too! Believe it or not, our home teacher gave us the tickets! What a guy huh?! He was going out of town and couldn't use them and so he just gave them to us! Thanks again Shawn!



Umm...I am having a baby! Just thought I should probably announce that so if you see me you won't be surprised. Here are two pictures. I am due in July. In the one I am 26 weeks; i think. The other I am 30 weeks. I put one of Cam's attempted belly in there too. I love the shirt tucked in! We are excited! Actually, I am getting a bit nervous to be honest! I know nothing about having or taking care of a child! I have always been pregnancy illiterate for one. For example, when people would tell me how many weeks they were I would have to try and do the math in my head (okay, if they are 28 weeks...there are about 4 weeks in a month...28 divided by four...). When anyone would mention terms such as uterus, trimester, etc., I would just pretend like I knew what they were talking about. Also, holding babies when they are really little scares me! They are so little! I won't even go into the other things that worry me! Does it come instinctively? Here's hoping!

The thing that really scares me is the responsibility of teaching them. What a huge responsibility! I hope and pray I can teach him well.





Cam just finished up his didactic year and is starting clinical rotations. Here is a cute picture of him at an elementary school. Their group got to go and educate the students on the effects of smoking. He is currently (just arrived today) in New Mexico for his first rotation (surgery). Crazy! I am still in Oregon at the moment. I miss him already! So does the kitty! He thought it might be good to have her here with me but she is driving me crazy! She loves Cam and is lost without him! She follows me everywhere! I feel lost without him too! He is a pretty amazing husband! He is renting a room in the bishop's home. They are an extremely generous family and we feel really blessed to have found that option. I think they are even going to feed Cam dinner (Which is more than he got here! He was usually the dinner maker!). We have been a little stressed with all these changes coming and decisions, but I can say that our Heavenly Father does hear our prayers and is mindful of us and our worries! I am so grateful to know that we all have a loving Father in Heaven and Savior. We feel very blessed!


Well, like I said I will try and make a come back. I can't make any promises, but I will try and be better than posting only every six months! Hope all of you are doing well! We miss you!

21 comments:

Sheena said...

I am really glad you posted! It's good to hear what's going on! And a Baby! Don't worry, I'm baby and pregnancy illiterate right there with you. I was totally the same way. We'll get the hang of it, I think. :) Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I hope you at least post when the baby comes. :)

4Battyz said...

Congrats!!! You will be awesome don't you even worry!!! Do you know what you are having yet?

Attitude of Gratitude said...

you punks!!!! i can't believe you didn't call & brag about the awesome news=that is so great. and yes Tawny, instinct will kick in and you will be just fine. We are so happy for you guys!

Andrea said...

It is fun to hear from you again :) That is so exciting that you are having a baby! Congrats! We also love those candy decorating letters...so yummy! That is crazy that Cam is starting his first rotation--very exciting! Good luck with everything. We're glad life is going good for you guys :)

Lacey said...

Oh my goodness! Welcome back! You've been missed. :) Congrats on being practically through your pregnancy... you guys will be great parents! And you are a super cute pregnant lady. And yay for Cam beginning his rotations... all that school and hard work is really paying off! :)

AKC Labradors said...

I just miss your guts, can't wait to see you soon. ;) That is all. Oh, and you're my favorite.

The Whitmers said...

Congrats on the baby! Don't worry it will comes naturally. I was the same way and our little one is doing okay. You learn as you go and it is the best experience ever. We hope everything is going well. Miss you guys!

Crazy In Love said...

O we miss you guys so much. You are both going to be amazing parents :) You will know what to do when you get your baby. I thought I had it all down and I do things so different then I thought I would have with our little guy. For all the things you don't know, There is your mom or Cams mom. Keep us updated. We want to see pictures of that little guy.
PS: are you registered anywhere?

Rachel said...

Tawny, I am so so excited for you! You will be such a wonderful mom. I miss talking to you on a daily basis. It is crazy how things change so quickly. Think, just a year ago we were both leaving Broadbent and heading different directions and now you are having a baby:) Thanks for the update.--Rachel

Carly said...

Ok, you little turd! How come you didn't announce this before now????? YOU ARE 7 MONTHS PREGNANT, HOMIE!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!

Yes, much of it will come instinctively, and the rest....well....that's why there are more women in the world. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help where I can. Congratulations, Mama!

bobandhaley said...

HOORAY! Congratulations. I know what you mean about being nervous/scared/not knowing what you're doing. Giving a tiny baby a bath was the scariest thing for me. But it does all come to you with a little practice... not that I really know what I am doing. I just pretend that I am playing house :)You are going to be a wonderful Mommy!

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

Congrats! That is such exciting news...we might have heard a rumor, but it is good to see the pictures. You are positively the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen. Great about Cam too- you guys are getting it all done!

Sarah said...

You are so cute! It's nice to see updates about you guys, even though we knew each other for so long. Thanks for sharing your testimony on here too. It really does influence others - me ;) Good luck with the baby and everything else!

Julienne said...

My dear it is so good to see your prego belly pictures because the last time I saw you, the belly wasn't hardly even showing! You really are such a cute prego girl and it looks natural on you. Glad that you are attempting a come back. Good luck with Cam being gone. I wish I/you lived closer so I could help take care of you (but not the kitty). Let me know when you are coming home for good. I'm planning on making a trip to the Roosevelt/Vernal area after you have the baby boy. I have a few cousins, and old roommates and you of course to visit on a wonderful road trip. Miss ya girl!

Kay's said...

You are so cute, i love you!! You will be a great mom, don't worry about it. I am so excited for you to move here. We will have to hang out alot, i can't wait to hold the baby, my babies are getting so big and just want to play and not be held so i will have to hold yours. See you soon!! yay!!

Nicky and Patrick said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great. Congrats on the new addition coming in July. We are excited for you and I hope it does come with instincts, cause I am kind of freaking out about things too;) You will be a great mom. Good to hear from you.

Nick Scott Family said...

I am glad that you finally posted on your blog and updated everyone :) we miss you guys!! Can't wait to see you next. Are you getting excited for this new little one??? I am :) another boy to add to Great Grandma Walker's line of boys .... this will be #6 boy for her!! YEAH!! 4 more and we'll have 2 full b-ball teams. hehehe Sounds like you are doing good - you both look great. PS - Tawny you are SOOOOOO tiny for 30 weeks .... I'm jealous of your height. Why am I the one in the family that gets to be short and round. You, Tay, Lex are all long legged just skinny minnys. Well talk to you soon. Miss you.

Dave and Alisha said...

Im so glad Im not the only one who didnt know about your little one!! But Congrats you look so so cute with the belly! You will be such a good/cute mom really, good luck! and Im glad your posting again I like knowing how you are... ha no Im not really a stalker

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Girl I am so glad you are back I kept checking your blog just to make sure you didn't update and I missed it. Congrats on being prego I am as well and feel the same way you are. Matt said somehting about my water breaking the other day and then he said what is that exactly and I had no idea either! ha ha Motherhood here we come, those poor kids!

The Smith's said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations you guys are going to do great! I hope all is well and enjoy the sweet new baby!

Justin T. Bailey said...

Wow, you have the same reasons we have for not posting anything in our blog. Add that to Facebook, which takes care of the nitty-gritty status updates, and suddenly, it's been more than a year since we posted anything. However, it is fun to go back and read over all the stuff we did; maybe we should start blogging again. Oh, and congratulations on Finn. He looks like fun. :)