So, since I have been up here in Oregon, I have made a few discoveries. Here are some things I have discovered:
1. I am extremely, utterly, pathetically, hopelessly, completely, (Okay, I'm sure you get it.), OUT of SHAPE! There is a little walking park across the street that Cam and I have been to a few times. We decided to go jogging over there the other day and Cam put his little Nike sensor in his shoe so we could see how far it was. We jog (Jog mind you, not ran) around once and I was spent! I was so exhausted! I turned to Cam and asked how far we had gone. He said, "About a third of a mile". What?? I couldn't believe it! I can't even jog a mile anymore! Sad. We also discovered some wild blackberries over there. We picked a lot, but didn't really eat very many (I'm not sure if I like them). They are riper now so I guess I should give them another try. Here is Cam enjoying them:
2. Even though it is 110 degrees in Beaverton, the Oregon Coast can be 40 degrees at the same time. We are only about 45 minutes from the coast too. We went with our friends from the ward over to Lincoln City. It had been seriously hot were we live and we thought the coast would be a little cooler. It was a lot cooler! I wasn't very prepared! I was freezing! Luckily Caitlin had a jacket she let me borrow. It was dang cold, and our silly husbands decided to get in the water. Boys. They don't really think things through! Here is a picture of their feet after they had played in the 20 degree water. It is probably 10 tens colder than it looks in the picture of Cam running:


3. There is no where to Camp in Oregon. Seriously. Cam and I tried to go camping and exploring this last weekend. We just wanted to drive over Friday night, camp-out in the truck, and then explore the coast line on Saturday. We just thought there would be some little area we could park, either in the trees, or on the beach. Nope. There are signs everywhere: "No Camping", "No parking", "No Driving on the beach", "No having fun of any kind". Okay, so I made up that last one. If you know me, I freak out about little things too. I didn't want to camp anywhere we weren't supposed to, so we drove all over trying to find somewhere to camp. We stayed in some new neighborhood that had some strange side road we parked down. Strange I know. Next time, we will be more prepared though. The coast was awesome though! I am pretty sure that you should all come visit and we can show you all the cool sights!! Here are some pictures:




These are all from Pacific City. It is awesome there! You can see all the Clams and Star Fish. It was really pretty, and the warmest beach we went to.
Newport was pretty crazy! There were tons of people! We saw some Sea Lions there and went to there Farmer's Market and got a yummy cookie and some bread.


We hiked up to a lighthouse too. I look like a weird bug. I didn't realize you could see my eyes through my glasses. Nice.
This made me laugh. Cam was watching some blowhole that we saw at one beach when the water almost got him!

9 comments:
It's so pretty there. The cold beach in Lincoln City and nowhere to camp totally reminded me of the road trip Brandon and I took there. Same thing happened to us. We actually did find a place to camp, but it cost just as much (or more) than a hotel. Not much point in paying that much to sleep on the ground, I think. Looks like you guys are having fun! I hope you are doing well!
Your pictures are so beautiful--oh, we miss you guys.
Wow it is so pretty there! It looks like you are enjoying yourselves. Love to hear the updates!
Okay so when can we come and visit - it is beautiful up there!!!!! You guys look like you are adjusting just fine :) Miss you!
I had no idea that you guys were so close to the coast! It's so incredibly beautiful there. We stayed in Depoe Bay (between Lincoln City and Newport) when we were there last month and LOVED that the weather was always between 60*-70*. I think those are some of my favorite beaches in the entire world! Great pictures. Uncool about not being able to camp anywhere though...
oh we love updates, not that I don't enjoy texts. You two look like you are getting out and enjoying Oregon. Write these places down so that when we come visit (we are working on this part) you can take us to all the grand sights! We miss you guys and I think we are totally feeling Cam's pain when it come to school. I'm questioning my decision but only by 300%.
It is beautiful there! I love the picture of Cam enjoying the berries, nice. We hope all is going well for you guys.
Looks so beautiful! That would be awesome to live that close to the coast! Glad you guys are doing well and enjoying Oregon!
Hey Tawny!
It looks so awesome there! That's fun that you guys get to live somewhere different for awhile. I miss your mom, I wish she could still be my VT partner. We just moved to Salt Lake a month or so ago. Hey, email me your email address so I can add you to our blog. carlygillman@hotmail.com
thanks
Carly
Post a Comment