Monday, June 29, 2009

Annual Update...

Okay, I know I am horrible at updating this. I am going to try and be better than every 4 months. This is what I am like with my journal (only worse). I've been such a slacker that I don't even have access to a lot of my friend links anymore because they went private and I didn't know! :( Oops! That is what I get I guess! So, let me give you the update on the last few months. We have had some happy things, some sad things, and some big changes in scenery.

So the happy and sad. We have a new nephew (Cooper, to Luke and Ashley) and a new niece (Leah to Joe and Trina)! They look pretty darn cute! I haven't seen either of them in person yet, but from pictures they are stinkin cute! Also, Cam and I have now been married three years now (crazy)! We have had some sad things on the Kay side of the family. It has made me extremely grateful for the knowledge that we can see our loved ones again after this life! However, the pain of missing those loved is still pretty hard.

We are also now living in Portland! Technically, Beaverton, but pretty close to Portland. We have went to a few places, so I will post some pictures (hopefully entice someone to come visit!). My parents and Cam's parents helped us move up here (which we are VERY grateful for)!! Our first night in our apartment, we had a flood! It was traumatizing! We went to fill up our car with gas (around 11:30 pm or so) and came back to a laundry room and kitchen full of water! I started freaking out (for those of you that don't know me well, I have some anxiety issues!)! The safety pressure valve was spitting out HOT water. I called my parents and they came over to help. We called the on-call maintenance person as well. The real hero here was the Sham Wow towel that my mom remembered we had! I'm serious! I think my dad would offer to be a spokesman for them! It really does the job! It was a long night! Cam and I had another episode before we went to sleep (1 am to 2 am). We filled and emptied containers until it drained out. We woke up at 5 and there was another flood. Cam thought we should pretend we hadn't seen it. I decided to just stay awake at that point. Lots of filling and emptying containers, and putting the sham wow to use. Come to find out, another water heater upstairs was the one with issues, and they had covered the drain in the laundry room with the flooring (nice). Pretty eventful first day. When Cam's parents came, we also had some excitement. We got stopped for about an hour coming back from Tillamook (there was a wreck). There were so many people out of their cars walking around. Cam's dad went and was talking to people to pass the time. It took forever, but we finally got going. Good times on our first week. Things have settled a little now (thank goodness!).

Coast and a shipwreck:





Here is a farmer's market in downtown Portland and the Columbia.



Rose Gardens, Japanese Garden, and the Pittock Mansion (I was too cheap to pay to go inside the mansion. Maybe someday we will and I will post those as well):






Our kitty made it here okay. She actually did really well on the drive! Here is a little kitty video montage. She is such a weirdo! Cam's favorite is the karate kick in the second video. Sorry about my annoying voice in the background. Proof that we need kids:


16 comments:

Carly said...

Annual update is right! I am so happy to have you back in the blogging world, but WOW! What an update! Hopefully, I can come visit you! Oh, I love Oregon. Good heavens, child! I miss you.

Sheena said...

It is so pretty there! It sounds pretty adventurous too. I hope you guys are doing well and getting settled. We sort of are. Texas is a lot warmer than Oregon looks, but it's pretty fun so far. We finally got a blog started. It's at http://brandonsheenasblog.blogspot.com/ if you want to see.

bobandhaley said...

Your kitty is crazy! I am excited to see more pictures to come. We hope you guys are doing well.

AKC Labradors said...

I miss your stinking guts you two! I swear, its only been a month, but it seems like forever. Don't worry, you don't even have to entice me, I want to come! I've been checking out flights, one way or another, I want to come visit, hopefully before school (if I go to school this fall). Anyhow, basically, miss you, love you, even miss the crazy kitty!

AKC Labradors said...

I miss your stinking guts you two! I swear, its only been a month, but it seems like forever. Don't worry, you don't even have to entice me, I want to come! I've been checking out flights, one way or another, I want to come visit, hopefully before school (if I go to school this fall). Anyhow, basically, miss you, love you, even miss the crazy kitty!

Lacey said...

Crazy cat! So glad that she survived the big move... and so glad that you survived your first crazy week in Portland! Looks like you've had fun enjoying the local hot spots. :)

Nick Scott Family said...

Oh my - those pictures are BEAUTIFUL up there! You are lucky to be around so much GREEN!!! Sounds like you had a rough start but hopefully you'll have a fabulous time in Oregon! We want to come and visit!!! Hope to see you soon! XOXO

Aubrey said...

Hey, good to see what you two (and the kitty) are up to! Looks like you're having fun...what a pretty area to live!

Julienne said...

I miss you! :( Hey glad to see you two had better luck with the rose gardens then we did. They were still pretty just no flowers to look at! Are you surviving? At least you've been able to get out and check out some spots so when we venture up there you will more places. Our friends Cody and Tennille are moving back to Logan to go back to school so now it will all be up to you two! I hope you are doing good. I miss ya more then you would ever know and I know Nate misses Cam as well but we dont' want them calling each other every night so keep that on the down low! Love ya!

Dave and Alisha said...

Well it looks like you guys have been really busy and having lots of fun.. we miss you guys.

The Whitmers said...

It looks like so much fun there! We miss you guys here. I know Justin really missed Cam in bishopric meeting. Hopefully you won't have any more floods.

Nicole Harris Tingey said...

you guys are so funny!! I love the cat video but it makes me mad that i am allergic!! Merrill and I want to come visit so bad! He wants to ride over on the bike. I hope everything is going good, we miss you guys!

Meg said...

Tommy and I don't even like cats, but yours looks hilarious! I'm glad you're liking Portland. I've heard good and bad things about it. Maybe we'll join you there in a year. Tommy's going to be looking into jobs at Nike and Addidas, which are in Portland. I've been to that shipwreck before. You should take a drive into Astoria if you haven't already. There is this strange tower on a hill that you can climb to the top of and look out at everything. Also that is where "The Goonie's" house is :)

Crazy In Love said...

O I am so glad you found me! I am so sorry about your flooding apartment. WOW I would have called it quits for sure! I hope it has gotten better for you! Also I loved the cat video as well did Andrew. Hopefully we see you guys at the ward campout tommorrow! It is going to be a party ;)

Deatons said...

Cam and Tawny! Oh my heck- we miss you guys terribly! I mis having a great visiting teacher!!! Portland looks beatiful- and your cat is hilarious. I enjoyed every clip of the film :) Oh p.s.- we are coming to visit you in October... Well, Tanner for sure and maybe me :) Tanner is going on a recruiting trip there and when I heard Portland- I told him that I was coming and we were going to see the Hardy's! We'll let you know soon when he'll be out there, and hopefully I'll get to come too!!!

Ericka said...

Good to see you guys made it! The pictures are amazing...I love how green it looks! Also lovin the cat...I am kinda scared of small animals and this didn't help my over active imagination when it comes to them...LOL!